For your convenience we now offer the following packages:
Package 1. 3 lbs. Steak
7 lbs. Hamburg
Package 2. 3 lbs. Steak
3 lbs. Roast
4 lbs. Hamburg
Package 3. 2 lbs. Steak
3 lbs. Roast
4 lbs. Hamburger
1 lb. Stew
Package 4. 3-6 lbs. of Roast
4-7 lbs. Hamburg
Package 5. 10 lbs. Hamburg
Package 6. 5 lbs. Hamburg
5 lbs. Stew
We also offer custom packages. If you do not see the combination you would like call us.
For the best results read our
"Tips for Cooking Grass Fed Beef"
Additional items may be available including marrow bones, organ meat, tongue, etc. Please call to inquire.
Pick-up by appointment only
Call (978) 365-3891 or email email@example.com
Additional services offered by our family include:
L.R. Favreau Septic Service
Septic Tank Pumping
Septic Tank Repair
New System Installation
Underground Camera Inspection Excavation Services
Rocky Acres Farm is commited to the old school production of free range grass fed beef.
We are a small family run operation focused on the highest quality we can provide. From birth until market our animals breathe fresh clean air, graze lush green grass and drink fresh water the way Mother Nature intended animals to live. The quality of life and welfare of our animals is paramount to our production practices.
The conditions that the cattle are raised in boost the natural immunities of cattle. Our cows are pasture raised on a diet consisting primarily of grass and hay. The cows are NEVER given growth hormones.
We pride ourselves in the way our animals are cared for!
We like to think of our customers as friends and partners and we want you to feel comfortable about buying your meat from someone you know and trust. Your comments and questions are welcome.
We will happily provide a tour of our facilities. If you are interested in a tour call us at (978) 365-3891.
To order beef call (978)365-3891 or
978-365-4300 throughout the year
Our minimum purchase is 10 pounds.
We currently offer a variety of beef at $6.50 a pound. The mix of meats can be made up of hamburger, roasts, stew beef, ribs or steaks (a maximum of 25% of your order).
If you are interested in a special cut or a large order of one particular cut please contact us to discuss your needs.
We also offer the purchase of a quarter, half or full cow.
Additional Products offered:
Tips for Cooking Grass Fed Beef If you would like more information or to discuss the above tips call us at (978) 365-3891.
1. The biggest culprit for tough grass fed beef is overcooking. This beef is made for rare to medium rare cooking. If you like well done beef, then cook your grass fed beef at very low temperature in a sauce to add moisture.
2. Since grass fed beef is extremely low in fat, coat with virgin olive oil, truffle oil, or a favorite light oil for flavor enhancement and easy browning. The oil will also prevent drying and sticking.
3. Stove top cooking is great for any type of steak. You have more control over the temperature than on the grill. You can use butter in the final minutes when the heat is low to carry the taste of fresh garlic through the meat just like steak chefs.
4. Grass fed beef has high protein and low fat levels, the beef will usually require 30% less cooking time and will continue to cook when removed from the heat. For this reason, remove the beef from your heat source 10 degrees before it reaches the desired temperature.
5. Use a thermometer to test for doneness and watch the thermometer carefully. Since grass fed beef cooks so quickly, your beef can go from perfectly cooked to overcooked in less that a minute.
6. Let the beef sit covered and in a warm place for 8 to 10 minutes after removing from heat to let the juices redistribute.
7. Never use a fork to turn your beef - precious juices will be lost. Always use tongs.
8. Reduce the temperature of your grain fed beef recipes by 50 degrees. The cooking time will be the same or slightly shorter even at a lower temperature.
9. Never use a microwave to thaw your grass fed beef. Either thaw your beef in the refrigerator or for quick thawing place in a sealed bag in water for a few minutes.
10. Bring your grass fed beef to room temperature before cooking - do not cook straight from the refrigerator.
11. Always preheat your oven, pan or grill before cooking grass fed beef.
Enjoy your beef!
Benefits of Grass Fed Beef
If you would like more information or to discuss the above tips call us at (978) 365-3891.